Change the color of these owl ear warmers from blue to pink for very cute, girly ear warmers!
Pattern Tester Says:
“Was a very easy beginner project and easy to follow.” ~Jean
19 1/4″ circumference
3 1/2″ height
*These are our finished sizes. If yours doesn’t fit within these measurements, please check your gauge.
Worsted weight (4-medium)
2 black buttons
*Amazon Affiliate Links
3 dc stitches x 2 rows is 1″
*Change the hook size to obtain the gauge.
- This pattern is written in American Crochet Terms.
- In the amount of stitches you should have at the end of the row, (ex. 11 sts). That count does include the chain.
hdc-half double crochet
with blue yarn.
Row 1: dc in 2nd ch from hook, dc in each st, turn (11 sts)
Row 2: ch 2, dc in each st, turn (11 sts)
Repeat row 2 as many times as needed. We repeat 32 times.
Last row: ch 2, dc in each st, slst the last row and beginning chain together, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends (11 sts)
With white yarn.
Row 1: 9 dc in 3rd ch from hook, join (10 sts)
Row 2: ch 1, 2 sc in each st around, join, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends (19 sts)
- with white yarn and yarn needle
- attach the eyes to the front middle of the ear warmers
- then with 2 buttons, white yarn, and a yarn needle
- attach the buttons to the middle of the eyes
with yellow yarn.
ch 4, sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next st, dc in next st, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
- with yellow yarn and a yarn needle
- attach the beak right below the eyes
- Take 2 strand of white yarn and 1 strand of blue yarn.
- Take the 3 strands of yarn around a double crochet stitch on top of the ear warmers.
- Take both ends together and knot the yarn close to the ear warmers.
- Then repeat on the other side.
- Cut the ears down to the length you would like them to be. I cut 1″ above the knot.
Pattern and photos © 2015 Cream Of The Crop Crochet™. All rights reserved.