Worsted weight yarn (4-medium)
- Sugar N' Cream, Cream
H-8 (5.00mm) crochet hook
Yarn needle, to weave ends
*Amazon Affiliate Links
- This pattern is written in American Crochet Terms.
ch 2400 or as many as you would like
- Start with the beginning of the chain and wrap the chain as tight or loose as you would like (make sure you can fit it over your head).
- While wrapping it around, take the chain around the inside, and outside of the scarf loosely every once in a while to create the “messy” look.
- Make more chain if needed to complete the round, join, cut yarn, weave ends
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each st, turn
Row 2: ch 1, sc in each st, turn
Row 3: ch 1, sc in each st, turn
Row 4: ch 1, sc in the first 2 sts of the row, ch 3, sk next 3 sts, sc in next st, sc in next 15 sts, turn
Row 5: ch 1, sc in the first 16 sts of the row, 3 sc around the ch from the previous row, sc in next 2 sts, turn
Row 6: ch 1, sc in each st, turn
Row 7: ch 1, sc in each st
Now you will have to decide if you want edging. If you don't want edging then cut yarn, fasten off, and weave ends. If you want edging then ch 1 and continue the edging instructions.
Optional-edging: ch 1, sc all the way around the tab, make sure to make 3 sc in each corner, join, cut yarn, fasten off, and weave ends
- Place the button on the opposite side of the button hole in the proper placement to fit through the button hole
- With yarn (or thread) and a yarn needle (or small needle) attach the button to the tab.
Pattern and photos © 2014, Cream Of The Crop Crochet™. All rights reserved.