18 Inch Doll Chick Hat Crochet Pattern
This 18 Inch Doll Chick Hat is great for Easter!
18″ doll (fits most 18″ doll)
11″ circumference (yarn should stretch)
4 1/2″ long from top of the hat
*These are our finished measurements. If yours don't fit within these measurement, please check your gauge.
Worsted weight yarn
I-9 (5.50mm) crochet hook
2 small black buttons for eyes
Yarn needle, to weave ends
3 dc stitches x 2 rows is 1″
*Change the hook size to obtain the gauge.
- (11 sts) means how many stitches you should have at the end of the row. That count does include the chain.
hdc-half double crochet
*This pattern is written in American Crochet Terms.
Starting with yellow yarn,
Round 1: 11 dc in 3rd chain from hook, join in first st of round (12 sts)
Round 2: ch 2, 2 dc in each st around, join in first st of round (23 sts)
Round 3: ch 2, 2 dc in first st, dc in next 4 sts, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 5 sts, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 4 sts, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 5 sts, join in first st of round (27 sts)
Round 4: ch 2, 2 dc in first st, dc in next 12 sts, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 12 sts, join in first st of round (29 sts)
Rounds 5-8: ch 2, dc in each st around, join in first st of round (29 sts)
Round 9: ch 1, sc in each st around, join in first st of round, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends (29 sts)
With orange yarn,
Sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next st, dc in next st, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
- with orange yarn and a yarn needle
- attach the beak just above the sc row
- With white yarn, 2 small black buttons, and a yarn needle
- attach 2 small black buttons just above the beak
- With yellow yarn and a yarn needle
- cut three, 4 inch pieces of yarn for each “feathers”.
- take your needle, and take yarn through the very top of the hat (use picture as reference if needed)
- take both ends together
- make a knot close to the hat
- cut “feathers” to the length you wish
Pattern and photos © 2016, Cream Of The Crop Crochet™. All Rights Reserved.