If you are looking for an adorable last minute gift, make these Penguin Ear Warmers!
19 1/4″ circumference
3 1/2″ height
*These are our finished measurements. If yours don’t fit within these measurements, please check your gauge.
worsted weight (4-medium)
- We suggest Red Heart, Super Saver yarn.
- less than half of Red Heart, Super Saver, Black
- small amount of Red Heart, Super Saver, White
- small amount of Red Heart, Super Saver, Pumpkin
I crochet hook
2 black buttons
Yarn needle, to weave ends
3 dc stitches x 2 rows is 1″
*Change your hook size to obtain the gauge.
- In the amount of stitches you should have at the end of the row, (ex. 11 sts). That count does include the chain.
hdc-half double crochet
*This pattern is written in American Crochet Terms.
With white yarn.
Row 1: 9 dc in 4th ch from hook, join (10 sts)
Row 2: ch 1, 2 sc in each st around, join, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends (19 sts)
- with white yarn and a yarn needle
- attach the eyes to the front middle of the ear warmers
- then take the black buttons and white yarn
- attach them to the middle white part of the eye
with orange yarn.
ch 4, sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next st, dc in next st, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends.
- with orange yarn and a yarn needle
- attach the beak toward the bottom, between the eyes
- Take the 3 strands of black yarn around a double crochet stitch on the top/front of the ear warmers.
- Take both ends together and knot the yarn close to the ear warmers.
- Cut the feathers down to the length you would like them to be.
- I cut 1″ above the knot.
Pattern and photos © 2015 Cream Of The Crop Crochet™. All rights reserved.