This 18 Inch Doll Knotted Snowflake Hat is a cute addition to your daughter’s doll outfit collection!
18” Doll (fits most 18” dolls)
4 ½” from top of hat (where it starts to grow) to bottom
*These are our finished measurements. If yours don’t fit within these measurements, please check your gauge.
Worsted weight yarn
I-9 (5.50mm) crochet hook
Yarn needle, to weave ends
3 dc sts x 2 rows 1”
*Change your hook size to obtain the gauge.
- ALWAYS start a round in the same stitch as the chain.
- (11 sts) means how many stitches you should have at the end of the row. That count does include the chain.
Dc- double crochet
*This pattern is written in American Crochet Terms.
Starting with blue yarn,
Round 1: 4 dc in 3rd ch from hook, join in first st of round (5 sts)
Rounds 2-7: ch 2, dc in each st around, join in first st of round (5 sts)
Round 8: ch 2, 3 dc in first st, 2 dc in next st, 3 dc in next 2 sts, join in first st of round (12 sts)
Round 9: ch 2, 2 dc in each st around, join in first st of round (23 sts)
Round 10: ch 2, 2 dc in first st, dc in next 4 sts, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 5 sts, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 4 sts, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 5 sts, join in first st of round (27 sts)
Round 11: ch 2, 2 dc in first st, dc in next 12 sts, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 12 sts, join in first st of round (29 sts)
Rounds 12-15: ch 2, dc in each st around, join in first st of round (29 sts)
Round 16: ch 2, fpdc in first st, bpdc in next st, *fpdc in next st, bpdc in next st* repeat * to * around, join in first st of round, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends (29 sts)
- with white yarn and a yarn needle
- inside the hat at the center point of the snowflake
- bring the yarn to the outside of the hat making a 2″ stitch
- with the yarn coming back inside the hat to make the end on the stitch
- from the inside move the needle 1/4″ away from the 2″ stitch
- bring the needle to the outside of the hat
- make a stitch to the end of the 2″ stitch
- do the same on the other side to form a “V”
- from the inside of the hat
- take the needle up from the middle again
- continue in the same manner as before as many times as you would like (I made 6 points.)
- cut yarn and tie both ends together
- put a knot in the top of the hat
Pattern and photos © 2016, Cream Of The Crop Crochet™. All Rights Reserved.